Accreditation Data Analyst (Financial Analyst)
- Summary of Job Duties
- **This posting is scheduled to close on Monday, November 11, 2019 at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
The Aurora Fire Rescue provides exceptional service to the community by well trained professionals. This diverse, full service organization is looking for a Accreditation Data Analyst. Under the direction of the Commander Office of the Fire Chief, gather and analyze data, monitor and measure adherence to performance standards, complete monthly National Fire Incident Reporting System report, and resolve non-compliance issues and findings. Update and maintain Record Management System administration functions. Maintain and coordinate the Fire Department's National Accreditation status. Plan, coordinate, and maintain accreditation activities, projects, and processes. Maintain the Fire Department's accreditation records to include policies and procedures to ensure accreditation compliance. Conduct and implement special projects in support of the Fire Chief and Executive Staff. Provide GIS information for Fire Department projects as needed. Serve on committees and task groups as assigned. Serve "on-call" for support of significant incidents.Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-freeworkplace. A positive test for marijuana is grounds for disqualification or termination once hired.
At the city of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Fire Department Accreditation Activities:
- Responsible for the accreditation program for the Fire Department and is designated as the Department's Accreditation Manager for the Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI)
- Development and monitoring of the Department's Standard of Cover, a document that defines baseline and benchmark emergency response performance standards and service delivery performance
- Develop the self-assessment process, analyzing the Department's performance indicators, which culminates into a living document called the Self-Assessment manual
- Stay abreast of all aspects of the accreditation process to include proposed amendments to the standards
- Review the Department's Manual of Procedures and forms to ensure compliance with accreditation standards
- Assist with the preparation of the annual departmental budget by projecting accreditation costs for the coming fiscal year
- Maintain all records management software, including troubleshooting missing incident reports, and compliance with NFIRS standards
- Conduct SQL queries as needed
- Identify, verify, and reconcile compliance with established performance standards. Review standards and ensure the department remains in compliance
- Gather, organize, and analyze data for additional ongoing and special projects
- Work independently and with AFR Executive Staff to assess and recommend potential improvements in business practices
- Provide research information, resolution recommendation, and follow up regarding on-line service issues
- Facilitate strategic planning
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's Degree in fire science, finance, business administration, public administration or related field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible related experience in data analysis, accreditation and compliance, program administration and evaluation, strategic planning, or related field in areas such as productivity improvements, work systems review, control of complex budgets and/or financial analysis including complex spreadsheet and database development. Fire accreditation, peer assessor, fire department experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications: As assigned, specialized certification may be required, such as:
- Driver's License
- Commission of Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) - "Quality Improvement Through Accreditation" (or equivalent) and "Peer Assessor" Courses (Both courses within one year of employment)
Knowledge: Knowledge of the principles and practices of fire accreditation, data analysis; personal computers, and related word processing, spreadsheet, data base, and presentation software applications.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and elected officials; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and fulfill goals and objectives; develop, and present complex financial and operating analysis; and able to work independently and in groups to complete assignments. A quick learner with various database and data mining experience.
Skills: Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; advanced skill in the use of the computer including spreadsheet design, database management, word processing, and presentation software applications.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical activity requiring lifting, pushing or pulling minimum of 10 pounds with or without assistance
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Essential duties performed primarily in an indoor office, public area setting.
- Personal computer and standard office equipment
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.