Administrative Specialist - Purchasing
- Summary of Job Duties
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides administrative support and performs complex clerical and public contact duties for the Purchasing Services Division.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, issues and monitors division documents supporting the purchasing and contracting processes
- Develops and maintains complex record keeping reporting and filing systems
- Gathers, checks, compiles and prepares a variety of materials for administrative, statistical and analytical reports and documents
- Prepares requisitions and contracts and monitors processes, including change orders, advertising, awards and payments
- Responds to inquiries and complaints in person and over the phone
- Schedules and maintains complex activity calendars
- Assists in maintaining, testing, and updating Purchasing's module of the City's financial system;
- Schedules and maintains workloads; may take, transcribe and distribute minutes for department or division meetings
- Performs filing duties
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: At least 3 years of complex administrative support experience including the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office software applications.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business English and math
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and managers;
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Keep detailed records and calendars
- Set priorities and work with minimal supervision; interact knowledgeably with staff and the public in person and by phone.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g., vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Use of standard office equipment that includes a computer system____________________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.