After School Coordinator - Youth Development
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic part-time After School Coordinator who will be responsible for planning, implementing, supervising, and evaluating daily after school activities. The Site Coordinator will act as the director of their site, taking full responsibility of the program including supervising staff and students.
This is a temporary non-benefited position at this time
Work hours vary 10-20 hours per week, in the out-of-school time hours.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect - we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring Supervisor twice a week for review.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise instructors and students during regular program hours.
- Ensure program is running to standard.
- Take and organize student registration.
- Communicate with Program Coordinator of any dates there will be no program.
- Visit each class, daily.
- Notify the program coordinator when a provider/instructor is late or absent.
- Oversee snack distribution each day.
- Record student data and daily attendance.
- Follow up with all student absentees by making phone calls to parents/guardians.
- Organize and file all documentation regarding programming.
- Assist the program coordinator in assigning room for each class, each session.
- Regularly communicate with parents of any news and important information.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 21 years or older preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must have verifiable experience working with school age children in a structured setting.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of youth development, after school programs, and recreation programming for elementary and or middle school students.
Skills: Experience working with after school programming or education. Fluency in Spanish language preferred but not required. Proficiency with e-mail and Microsoft Office applications.
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: Reliable transportation to work sites, trainings, and events as needed. Certification in First Aid and CPR is required or willing to obtain by the date of employment. This position will allow the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
Valid Driver's License.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Primarily physical and active work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds; lifting, carrying, walking and standing; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; frequent speech communication with fellow employees and City of Aurora citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in Aurora Public Schools and recreation facilities.
Equipment Used: May use standard office equipment including, computers, calculators, copy/fax machines; may answer telephone.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.