Aqua Fitness Instructor
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $16.34-$17.67/hour, depending on qualifications and skill level.Estimated average hours per week: 10-30Hours between 8:00-3:30This position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.This is a part-time position that does not provide medical benefitsThe City of Aurora is continually searching for enthusiastic Aqua Fitness Instructors to perform a variety of routine tasks related to specialized aquatic fitness instruction.
Please contact Alek Raymond with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications throughout the year; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overseeing the safety of water fitness patrons while instructing a dynamic, safe, and constructive water fitness class
- Classes vary from arthritis, generalized water fitness, Paddleboard fitness, log rolling, and deep water fitness classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/Experience: Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge: Knowledge of pool safety and emergency action plans.
Abilities: Ability to maintain a safe environment at work site.
Skills: Skill in water fitness techniques and emergency response.
Licenses and Certificates Required:
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Accredited national water fitness certification,
- Standard first aid and CPR certification or equivalent program certification.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; regular walking and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling, and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform and demonstrate appropriate fitness skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech communication for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions with exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, water, and other conditions found in an aquatic environment.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to aquatic fitness classes.__________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.