Assistant Early Childhood Teacher
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $12.50 - $13.00Estimated average hours per week: 10-30Hours between 8:00 - 3:30This position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.This is a part-time position that does not provide medical benefitsAll applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.Do you love working with children?
We are looking for a fun, energetic, loving individual to join our teaching team.
The City of Aurora is looking for Assistant Early Childhood Teacher to work for the Recreation Division of the Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces Department.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This is a continuous posting and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties Listed below are to Assist the Early Childhood Teacher by:
- Planning and preparing class outlines and supply lists
- Lead class activities
- Maintain confidential records of students' personal information and progress reports
- Record daily attendance
- Monitor monthly enrollments
- Provide a safe classroom environment
- Maintain class discipline according to policies and safety codes
- Communicate with parents
- Recruit parent helpers
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences as needed
- Recruit guest speakers
- Set up/ tear down a classroom as needed; minor cleaning
- Inspect equipment for safety
- May include cash handling
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma/GED
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands:
- Moderate physical work; may require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Some lifting and carrying objects; may require regular standing and walk
- May require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- May require vision to read reports and other written materials, frequent speech communication, and hearing to maintain communication with participants, parents, and co-workers.
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Works in a clean comfortable environment; requires some outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.