Business Solutions Architect - ERP Platform
- Summary of Job Duties
Hiring range for this position is $67,487 - $92,000/annually
Full salary range for this position is $67,487 - $97,543/annually
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
A TECH CULTURE DRIVEN BY PURPOSE
In the City of Aurora’s IT department, we view business as an ecosystem rather than a competitive landscape. Our team exists with the sole purpose of serving our community and its constituents.
Our empathic culture helps us be mindful of the impact our day-to-day relationships can make on our ability to achieve our goals within the technology ecosystem we build and support.
Embracing different perspectives-in and out of the office-allows us to elevate the quality of our work and our culture as well as optimize the ways in which we deliver products and services.
The work we do is valued, important and rewarding; we strive to provide a work environment that listens to, understands, and trusts its employees.
Our IT Department encourages employees to be:
- Transitional: Constantly adapting to new technologies and the changing needs of our city
- Dedicated: Committed to making the best decisions for our city, its citizens, and the community
- Optimizing: By making the most of every resource we have available
- Empathic: In our ability to understand and have compassion for the feelings and needs of our citizens, customers, and coworkers
MEET THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, enterprising, humanistic, communicative, and a lifelong learner.
- Enjoy a variety of work roles and responsibilities
- Pivot quickly between consistent/ongoing priorities and new/challenging activities
- Believe that technology problems can have more than one solution
- Show initiative and drive projects to completion
- Be resourceful and find or invent a solution
- Be organized, highly focused, and productive with the use of time and resources
- Inspired by making a meaningful difference in the lives of others
- Compassionate for and patient with coworkers and the community that COA serves
- Humble when working with others
- Shared knowledge with others while being open to learning from colleagues
- Relied on knowledge and expertise to a degree, but have also been inventive and imaginative when solving problems
- Proactively sought professional improvement opportunities
- Respect others’ time, ideas, and contributions
- Act as a diplomatic, reliable source of information to internal and external constituents
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with others to solve problems
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- Serve on an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) team to support the business of Finance and Human Resources.
- Develop custom integrations using Workday integration tools, such as Enterprise Interface Builder, Cloud Connect, and Workday Studio.
- Create detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs.
- Design, build and support custom reports/dashboards to meet business requirements from various functional areas.
- Manage user security.
- Solving service and incident tickets within an IT ticketing system.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Maintaining vendor relationships.
- Maintaining end-user relationships.
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements on a year for year basis.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting ERP or comparable to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, and personnel action forms, to include but not limited to: report development, business analysis, user security administration.
- Experienced with integrations.
- Proficiency with Web Services, APIs, XML, XSLT, ETL, etc.
- Workday ERP platform experience (preferred)
- Information Security (PCI, PII)
- Workflow configurations
- Data Migration
- Interfaces, APIs
- GUI support
Licenses Or Certificates Required:
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds, including lifting 10 pounds overhead.
- Occasional carrying, walking, and standing.
- Vision to analyze data and read and interpret reports, documents, and other written information.
- Hand/eye coordination for operation of a computer keyboard.
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Capable of driving between city-supported buildings and to meetings in the Denver metro area as needed.
- Normally works in a clean, comfortable environment.
- System support issues may require working outside the office environment and in or around emergency response vehicles.
- Requires rotational on-call support status after normal business work hours.
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment including computers, laptop computers, and mobile computing devices.
- This position may require the incumbent to use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.