Clerical Assistant - Aurora Fox Arts Center
- Summary of Job Duties
- At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
This position performs general clerical and customer service duties under the direction of Aurora Fox Arts Center staff.
This is a contingent position and does not provide benefits.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of general receptionist and clerical duties to support the operations of the Aurora Fox Arts Center. The Clerical Assistant at the Fox works with Production Management, Box Office, Marketing and the Executive Producer as well as sending all financial reports to the Financial Supervisor, Library & Cultural Services. This role is an ideal opportunity to grow in a position that has a hand in many parts of a working theater.
- Daily collection and entering of procurement card activity using related software.
- Maintain procurement card check out/in log in real time.
- Reconcile monthly procurement card statements per policy.
- Maintenance of concession inventory from Box Office Manager using related software. Daily entry of all purchase receipts from all sources.
- Weekly entry of revenues as reported by the Box Office Manager.
- Processes incoming mail
- Maintains script library
- Organizes and cleans Green Room, Dressing Rooms, and Laundry/Costume room
- Orders supplies; photocopies; operates a variety of office equipment
- Updates online event calendars for Fox productions
- Acts as primary liaison with Colorado Theater Guild and the Henry Awards, archives production photos
- Aides in casting sessions for Fox season
- Responds to casting and submission inquiries
- Reads open submission scripts
- Aids with box office and marketing needs and performs additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years clerical experience. Familiarity with theater is a plus.
- Knowledge of business English and math; knowledge of personal computer, hardware, and related software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; operate personal computer and related software in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Personal computer and office skills. Flexibility and adaptability on the job is needed.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Light physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment; vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees, contracted artists, and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a fully functional theater with areas of comfortable office space. Occasionally works in Costume Room, Dressing Rooms, Prop Loft, Box Office, and Green Room, which can be dusty. Occasionally works nights and weekends.
Equipment Used: Frequently answers telephone; frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, calculators, shredders, and copy/fax machines. Occasionally uses washes dishes, uses washing machine and dryer
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.