Clerical Assistant - Contingent Employee
- Summary of Job Duties
This Clerical Assistant is a temporary position for Finance and Purchasing. This position will perform front desk receptionist duties and various clerical and administrative support tasks requiring discretion and independence. Work hours for this position are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This position is a temporary position and not benefit eligible at this time.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet employees and visitors
- Displays exceptional front desk customer service skills
- Schedules and coordinates meetings
- Prepares and edits correspondence, reports, memos, meeting agendas, and other documents for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Coordinates and maintains a calendar of activities
- Receives, responds to, and routes calls and visitors as appropriate
- Takes, transcribes, prepares, and distributes minutes of meetings
- Supports preparation of packets for committee meetings
- Develops and maintains records and file systems
- Orders office supplies as well as repair and maintenance for office equipment
- Reviews and enters invoices for payment
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Associate's Degree with courses in office administration or directly related field preferred.
Experience: At least 2 years of complex administrative support experience including the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office software applications.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business English and math
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Fills time by requesting additional work assignments
- Demonstrates the City's core values.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g., vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment; vision to read and interpret reports and other written material; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Use of standard office equipment that includes a computer system____________________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.