Clerical Assistant/Rental Supervisor - Aurora Center for Active Adults
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a qualified Clerical Assistant to perform receptionist duties and a variety of clerical and administrative support for the operation of the Aurora Center for Active Adults Program.
- This position is Temporary, with no Benefits
- The anticipated hiring Wage is $11.10 -$12.00/hour
- Hours: Works varied schedules that may include days, nights, and weekends.
- This position is located at 30 N. Del Mar Circle, Aurora, Co.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers and directs questions, inquires and concerns of customers by telephone and in person
- Responsible for opening and closing rental events at ACAA. This includes but not limited to: ensuring client and their guests are adhering to all rules and regulations per their contracts, trouble shooting issues that may arise during the event, and providing excellent customer service.
Registers customers in classes/trips using City registration system
- Processes payments and handles daily reconciliation of revenue
- Gathers information for various reports; maintains logs, informational books, records
- Maintains security of facility upon opening and closing
- Operates a variety of office equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: At least 6 months of clerical training/experience or equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of business English, spelling and math; general office equipment; and personal computers and related software applications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and type 35 wpm.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; alphabetize; spell; operate office equipment.
Skills: Efficiently and accurately key information using a keyboard and skill in performing data entry.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer terminal and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Frequently answers telephone; frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, copy/fax machines, credit card machine, and cash register.______________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.