Contingent Aurora Sports Park Field Supervisor
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $13.00 - $14.24 depending on experienceEstimated average hours per week: 15-25, Depending on schedule
Hours between: Weeknights and weekends, Depending on scheduleThis position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.This is a part-time position that does not provide medical benefits**Employees must be able to work varied hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.**The City of Aurora is hiring Sports Complex Supervisors.
The Aurora Sports Park, a 220-acre site, plays host to major local, state, and national competitions and offers 12 baseball/softball fields, 23 soccer/multi-use fields, and 4 Synthetic multi-use fields. Additionally, many other sports compete at the complex including cross country, football, rugby and lacrosse, and more.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications throughout the year; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the daily activities at the Aurora Sports Park during sports leagues, tournament play or special events
- Set up and close down the fields/complex
- Secure buildings
- Observe and assist concessions operations
- Record facility operation details including programs, incidents, games, scores, lights and scoreboards
- Keep in communication with league and tournament directors, participants, and spectators, concession managers and immediate supervisors
- Maintain complex cleanliness standards
- Assist with the setup and take down of sports fence, nets and other indoor and outdoor equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Age: At least 18 years of age
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills. Must have general knowledge of various sports; strong customer relations; strong communication skills; good conflict resolution skills; ability to handle basic math; flexible and sound decision maker.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants, employees and citizens; handle sensitive or difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: Driver's license with a good driving history.This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds; regular lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds; walking and standing to monitor game play; some pushing, pulling, flexing, climbing, bending, kneeling and crouching; hand/eye coordination to operate equipment; vision to observe games, frequent hearing and speech to communicate with participants, employees, and citizens.
Work Environment: Works outdoors and/or indoors.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment and vehicles.__________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, military service and include related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.