Contingent - Senior Survey Technician
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
The Real Property Division of the Public Works Department conducts transactions on land acquisition and real estate for all city departments including the review of subdivision plats and site plans, annexations, street vacations, easement dedications and releases, land disposal, and leases.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with performing field data collection and layout for construction and design projects
- Assists with performing field surveys including boundaries and ALTAs
- Gathers, compiles, and/or analyzes data, angles, and distances resulting from various field surveys
- Assists with laying out of right-of-way and easement lines on the ground
- Researches city ownership, right-of-way, and other property issues
- Operates land survey equipment including GPS, total stations, and levels to gather data and ensure that surveys are completed efficiently
- Maintains databases using various software including Access and ArcMAP
- Uses AutoCAD to input data found in descriptions and on survey plats
- Creates and reviews drawings, maps and plans
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Additional coursework in surveying or related field
- 1 years of experience related to area of assignment
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications: As assigned, specialized certifications may be required such as:
- Driver's License
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
- Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions with exposure to dust and noise, and may encounter fumes from certain chemicals.
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.