Contingent Weight Room Attendant
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a Weight Room Attendant for the Fitness areas at the Central Recreation Center. They will ensure the safety of all participants, checking for proper equipment usage and appropriate attire is worn; enforce safety standards and regulations in the area and proper use of equipment for the Central Recreation Center.
This is a contingent position that does not provide medical benefits
Salary range is $11.10 - $13.00 per hour depending on experience.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, checks, cleans, and details all weight room, cardio room, group fitness room equipment.
- Demonstrates, explains and instructs users on proper use of exercise equipment; enforces safety standards and regulations; administers and assists in providing first aid when applicable.
- Returns equipment to its proper locations (dumbbells, weight plates, etc.)
- Provides a safe environment for all participants; enforces all general building policies if applicable; completes any necessary reports and forms (i.e., Incident Report, Supply Requests, etc.).
- Makes center supervisor and fitness coordinator aware of any customer, equipment, or facility needs.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One year of related experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of equipment use and maintenance, facilities, operations, supplies and techniques used in community recreation programs.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; coordinate and oversee the work of others; work nights and weekends.
Licenses, Certificates, Equipment required:
- Colorado Driver's License with good driving history.
- First Aid, AED and CPR certified, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Sedentary to moderate physical work depending upon assignment; may require ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds; may require lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds; may require regular standing and walking; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer; may require foot/eye coordination for operation of motor vehicle; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment; may require outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
Equipment Used: Personal computer with related software applications; may require operation of motor vehicle.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.