CT Financial Analyst -Program Specialist IV
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- *This posting is scheduled to close on Tuesay, August 14, 2018 at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you.*
The City of Aurora is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Grants Accountant. This person will perform a variety of accounting and over-site functions associated with the application for, and maintenance of, grant funds and projects for the Aurora Police Department. This is a contract position, working 40 hours per week.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
Salary and position level will depend on qualifications.
Grants Accountant Range: $22.00 - $32.00 per hour
Selected applicant(s) may be subject to consumer credit check in adherence with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Applicant (s) will be notified if a consumer credit check is required, and an additional release will need to be completed.
To be employed by the Aurora Police Department you will need to successfully pass a background check, polygraph test, and fingerprint screening, along with other conditions of employment; drug test and verification of employment. Because of this, there is a longer recruitment process, we thank you in advance for your patience.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage agency forms and processes to ensure proper invoicing and tracking of grant activities in compliance with the Aurora Police Department's (APD) policies and procedures
- Assist Grant Managers with fulfilling the requirements of internal/external funding sources
- Provide technical assistance to on-site personnel
- Work with project managers to ensure that all grant contract special conditions are met
- Provide a level of checks and balances by previewing and approving grant related invoices and reports for completeness, mathematical accuracy, contract compliance, etc. prior to final approval for payment and submittal of reports
- Track grant expenditures and draft financial reports and cash requests for the City Aurora Financial Department and APD Chain of Command
- Act as the primary point of contact and assist in grant file preparation for various single audits
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local statutes, ordinances, or other pertinent rules and regulations pertaining to grants
- Responsible for maintaining Accounts Payable/Receivable, Budgeting, and Financial Reports.
- Understand and possess a knowledge of grant writing and submission
- Complete quarterly and ad hoc activity and financial reports
- Maintain business and service agreement/contracts
- Oversight of the office during business hours while providing reception and on-site escort of vendors
- Maintain Inventory management
- Responsible for mail/courier services
- Ensure the proper ordering and receiving supplies
- Provide orientation and set up for new personnel while ensuring proper documentation for exiting personnel
- Facilitate and assist with travel planning
- Assist on-site personnel with work tasks
- Schedule meetings and act as the point of contact for internal/external entities
- May perform any additional duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or directly related field with a minor in Accounting
- At least 3 years progressively responsible experience in Federal Grants.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Governmental or Auditing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and requirements of accounting
- Governmental accounting standards, auditing practices, techniques and methods of surveying Sampling, compiling data, and analyzing findings
- Grant acquisition and administration procedures and techniques to include federal, state, regional, local, and foundational grants
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both sworn and civilian personnel Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Communicate with external agencies, sub-recipients, vendors, etc.
- Accurately analyze accounting data and information
- Perform a variety of mathematical calculations
- Prioritize work
- Work independently and as a part of a team
- Schedule and meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
Skill in the use of computers including spreadsheet design
Skill in general and accounting software applications such as Excel, Quicken QuickBooks, One Drive PowerPoint, Office 365/Outlook and HRIS systems such as OneSolution
Licenses, Certificates and/or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing; vision for reading and interpreting reports and other written material; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer and ten key; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with department personnel.
Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment. Will travel locally to any applicable police facility or district.
Equipment Used: Personal computer and calculator.______________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.