Customer Service Representative - Bilingual
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
Access Aurora, a division of the Communications Department, is the city's customer service and information center. The city's residents, visitors, and businesses can contact Access Aurora for answers to all of their questions, comments, and assistance with any issues they may have. Access Aurora serves more than 80,000 customers annually and is a high volume call center providing quality customer service.
This position is responsible for a variety of complex customer service, clerical and public contact duties in person and on the telephone, and provides routine administrative support for Access Aurora.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
Hiring Range $17.21-$19.51/hour
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles all calls for the City's customer call center.
- Responds in a prompt, accurate, and courteous manner to customer inquiries about City and community services, complaints, and comments both verbally and in writing
- Answers or directs incoming calls and general inquiries to appropriate parties or information sources
- Assists walk-in customers and greets visitors
- Enters customer requests into a database.
- Documents and tracks responses to citizen contacts, requests, and complaints
- Researches resource information and updates database
- Operates a variety of office equipment including a personal computer, phone system, TTY and related software.
- Prepares, reviews, proofs and processes division documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years' experience in a high volume customer call center with extensive telephone and in-person customer service experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in a governmental environment preferred.
- Proficient in Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling and math, general office equipment, and personal computers with related software applications.
- Familiar with the City of Aurora including locations of major intersections, points of interest and street names.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Able to operate a computer
- Skilled in the use of computers including simple spreadsheet, database design, and word processing software applications
- Efficiently and accurately keys information using a keyboard
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills are required
Licenses and Certifications: As assigned, specialized certifications may be required such as:
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to sit for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 25 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.