Early Childhood Assistants
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is looking for Early Childhood Assistants to work for the Recreation Division of our Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Department.
- This position is Temporary, with no Benefits
- The anticipated hiring Wage is $10.20 - $12.00/Hr depending on qualifications
- "Substitutes positions available"
At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The assistant will support the Early Childhood Teacher in the tasks below:
- Plan and prepare class outlines and supply lists
- Lead class activities
- Maintain confidential records of students' personal information and progress reports
- Record daily attendance
- Monitor monthly enrollments
- Provide safe classroom environment
- Maintain class discipline according to policies and safety codes
- Communicate with parents
- Recruit parent helpers
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences as needed
- Recruit guest speakers
- Set up/ tear down classroom as needed; minor cleaning
- Inspect equipment for safety
- May include cash handling
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Early childhood experience (Preferred)
- Working Conditions
- Physical Demands
- Moderate physical work; may require ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance; some lifting and carrying objects
- May require regular standing and walking
- May require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and climbing.
- May require vision to read reports and other written materials, frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with participants, parents and co-workers.
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Works in clean comfortable environment; requires some outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.