Facilities Operations Technician - Locksmith Assistant
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- Salary to be commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $41,198.00 - $49,436.00 AnnuallyThe salary range for this position is $41,198.00 - $57,673.00 Annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
The City of Aurora is pleased to offer:
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovative workspaces
- Additional advancement opportunities are available through Career Progressions and Promotions
- Training assistance through our online Learning Management System as well as a Tuition Assistance Program
- Boot (steel toe or other safety toe boots are required) allowance in the amount of $150.00 after successful completion of your introductory period and then yearly on your anniversary date
- The Public Works Department will provide uniforms shortly after you start
- The Public Works Department will provide all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (besides steel/safety toe boots)
Public Works - Facilities Operations
Public Works, Facilities Operations takes great pride and is dedicated to sustaining the integrity of all associated building systems within 135 plus buildings that include City Hall, Police and Fire Stations, Recreation Centers, Swimming Pools, Libraries, Courts, Detention Center, and City Golf Course Buildings.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections of locks and door hardware within City buildings and facilities
- Operates a variety of tools and equipment related to all maintenance functions and locksmith tasks
- May Perform general repair, preventative maintenance, basic plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning tasks in addition to lock functions
- Monitors and provides quality control and services of outside contractors
- Maintains various records such as equipment, time, and material inventory
- May assist in training other employees
- May act as a lead worker; assist with snow plow duties on Rotational emergency on-call duty
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- At least two (2) years of commercial building and facilities construction/maintenance experience; three (3) years of commercial building and facilities construction/maintenance experience preferred
- Two (2) years access control and door hardware experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record
- Class B Commercial Driver's License, or the ability to obtain within six (6) months from the date of hire
- Certification of door hardware /access control classes or direct training
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Moderate to heavy physical work depending upon the assigned function
- May require the ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Considerable walking and standing
- Frequent performance of activities requiring a full range of body movement including bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing to heights of 30 feet
- Hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for operation of tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Vision to read manuals and record data and monitor and observe instruments and gauges
- Hearing/listening for troubleshooting and warning signals
- Speech communication to provide technical information and communicate with employees and citizens.
- Works both Indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions with exposure to noise, dust, fumes, chemicals, paints, and building materials.
- May work on roofs, crawl spaces, secured areas, and confined spaces
- May work on call and varying shifts
- Operates equipment and vehicles common to facilities maintenance
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools and equipment common to construction, maintenance, and/or locksmith; operates vehicles such as snow plows
Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.______________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.