Facility Manager /Recreation Specialist - Aurora Center for Active Adults
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads by example to ensure excellent customer service for visitors to the Aurora Center for Active Adults and ensures program participant satisfaction by establishing high customer service standards for staff
- Promotes outreach and marketing of center to the community to gain insight into citizen expectations, needs and desires
- Makes personnel decisions on selection, hiring, training, evaluating and developing assigned employees and/or volunteers
- Assists in budget preparation and manages revenue and expenses closely to ensure strong financial performance
- Oversees front desk supervision and operations of assigned facility that provides recreation programming and rental opportunities to citizens
- Recruits community groups, implements facility rental policies, oversees rental contracts and events
- Helps to assess the condition and functionality of infrastructure systems making recommendations for capital expenditures to support programs and improve facilities
- Monitors maintenance of assigned facility and acts as custodial contract liaison
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in recreation, gerontology, or a directly related field.
Experience: At least 3 years recreation, leisure services, and planning including at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Prefer experience working with seniors.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of recreation program development and administration.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and community businesses; handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact diplomacy; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; coordinate, schedule, and instruct recreation programs; coordinate and oversee the work of others; and work nights and weekends.
Skills: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Skill in use of computer with related software.
Licenses or Certificates Required:Valid Driver's License with good driving history is required. If you are an out of state applicant you are required to obtain a Colorado Driver's License within 6 months. First Aid and CPR Certification within 6 months of hire. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, etc) during the course of your employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Sedentary to moderate physical work; may require ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds; may require lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds; may require regular standing and walking; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard and other office equipment; may require foot/eye coordination for operation of motor vehicle; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment but will be required to work outdoors, depending on the season, with exposure to dust, noise, and inclement weather conditions.
Equipment Used: Uses standard office equipment including a computer system, copy/fax machines, and multi-line telephones; may require operation of motor vehicle.____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.