Financial Support Technician
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- Salary to be commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $41,198.00 - $49,436.00 AnnuallyThe salary range for this position is $41,198.00 - $57,673.00 Annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
The Public Works Department effectively promotes and maintains a high level of economic welfare and quality of life in Aurora through the planning, design, construction, inspection, review, approval, and maintenance of Aurora's transportation and drainage infrastructure.
The Public Works department is seeking a Financial Support Technician to serve as the department’s primary receptionist and perform a variety of administrative and financial support duties requiring discretion and independence of action. This position will work Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.This job posting is scheduled to close on January 16th at 5:00PM OR when it reaches 50 applicants.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers the department’s main telephone line; assists callers or directs calls as appropriate
- Receiving, responding to, and routing emails and visitors
- Processes purchasing, accounting and other financially related paperwork
- Processes personnel paperwork and maintains employee records
- Entering data, payment and/or invoices into automated financial systems
- Providing customer service and responding to inquiries in-person, over the phone, and electronically
- Providing administrative support to department managers, supervisors and staff
- Ensuring prompt follow-up to Council, public record, and citizen requests
- Compiling and generating reports
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly utility billings and follow-up as needed
- Producing and/or editing correspondence, financial reports, memos, meeting agendas, and other documents
- Taking, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings
- Routing internal documents, maintaining internal phone lists, and other general office tasks
- Provide support to the Director in the absence of the Management Assistant
- Performing special projects and other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- At least 2 years increasingly responsible financial and administrative support experience
- Experience using a multi-line phone line preferred
- Minimum intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of standard office procedures; general business practices; report formatting and records maintenance; and office management principles
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, all levels of management including executive staff, citizens, and elected officials
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Handle sensitive information to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills over the phone and in-person
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill in the use of windows-based programs
- Skilled in checking information for accuracy and completeness and correcting errors
- Work independently without extensive oversight
Licenses and Certifications:
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing
- Hand/eye coordination to operate computer and related equipment
- Vision to read legal descriptions and review drawings
- Some speech and hearing to maintain communications with other employees and citizens
- Works in a clean, comfortable environment
Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.______________________________________________________________________
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans Preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.v
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.