Fitness Instructors - Aurora Recreation Centers
- Summary of Job Duties
- This posting is to fill various Fitness instructors positions within the City Of Aurora.
This is a temporary non-benefited position at this time
The City of Aurora views the health and wellness of its citizens and employees as a top priority and is dedicated to ensuring that initiative is supported by providing tools and resources to support those who live and work in Aurora.
The Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department is currently seeking individuals with this same view to perform a variety of tasks including class instruction of various levels of fitness:
Yoga Silver Sneakers Tabata
Boot camp Tai Chi Boxing
Strength Training Essentrics SpinPay is dependent on certification(s) and experience.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screening of applications. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for own choreography of exercise classes and designing strength training programs
- Keeping effective communication with participants and other instructors and is available to discuss questions and concerns
- Set up of equipment and stereo prior to class, breaks down equipment following class.
- Responsible for finding substitutes and notifying the fitness office.
- Responsible for own time cards
- Performs minor first aid and emergency contact and completes incident reports
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills.
Knowledge: Knowledge: Basic knowledge of body mechanics helpful.
Skills: Skill in fitness techniques and emergency response.
Abilities: Ability to maintain a safe environment at work site.
Licenses, Certifications, or Equipment Required: Certified Group Fitness Instructor and/or specialty fitness certifications.
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; regular walking and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform and demonstrate appropriate fitness skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech communication for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily indoors with exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, water and other conditions found in a fitness environment.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to fitness classes._________________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, military service and include related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.