- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $20.00 - $25.00Pay is dependent on your certification(s) and experience.
Estimated average hours per week: dependent of scheduleThis position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.This is a part-time position that does not provide medical benefitsDo you have a passion for health and fitness? Come and join our employee wellness program - our employees need your energy and expertise!
The city of Aurora views the health and wellness of its citizens and employees as a top priority and is dedicated to ensuring that initiative is supported by providing tools and resources to support those who live and work in Aurora.
Please include a copy of all current Certifications with your application
Class Times Available is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The city of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The city is currently seeking an individual with this same view to perform a variety of tasks that support the Fitness and Wellness program for the city of Aurora including class instruction of various levels of fitness:
- Circuit/Interval Training
- Boot Camp
- Strength Training
- Responsible for own choreography of exercise classes and designing strength training programs
- Keep effective communication with participants and other instructors and available to discuss questions and concerns
- Set up of aerobic equipment and music prior to class, break down equipment following class
- Responsible for finding substitutes and notifying the fitness office
- Responsible for own time cards
- Perform minor first aid and emergency contact if needed
- Complete incident reports if needed
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of body mechanics helpful.
Skills: Skill in safe and effective fitness technique instruction and emergency response.
Abilities: Ability to maintain a safe environment at work site.
Licenses, Certifications, or Equipment Required:
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Certified Personal Trainer and/or specialty fitness certifications.
- Adult CPR/AED Certification.
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; regular walking and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling, and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform and demonstrate appropriate fitness skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech communication for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily indoors with exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, water, and other conditions found in a fitness environment.Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to fitness classes_________________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, military service and include related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.