Fleet Facilities Worker
- Summary of Job Duties
- Salary to be commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $32,136.00 - $38,520.00 Annually
The salary range for this position is $32,136.00 - $44,905.00 Annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
The mission of the Public Works Department is to effectively promote and maintain a high level of economic welfare and quality of life in Aurora through the planning, design, construction, inspection, review, approval and maintenance of Aurora's transportation and drainage infrastructure.
The Fleet Division of the Public Works department is seeking a qualified Fleet Facilities Worker to perform custodial, basic maintenance and grounds keeping duties on Fleet Services facilities and grounds across the City including central shop and facilities, north and south satellite shops, car washes and refueling locations.This position is set to close on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will perform both custodial and maintenance duties which includes:
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair on refueling locations
- Cleans car wash bays and makes minor repairs to car wash equipment
- Serves as a courier for parts and collects daily fuel station readouts
- Cleans shop area, offices, stair cases, walls and windows
- Sweeps floors and removes trash
- Waxes floors, vacuums carpet and clean restrooms, lunch rooms, office area
- Flushes all safety eyewash and shower stations weekly
- Performs exterior cleaning and grounds keeping
- Maintains the grounds free of environmentally controlled materials
- Performs interior and exterior painting associated with the maintenance and upkeep of equipment and components
- Orders and maintains inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Moves equipment and vehicles to vendors for servicing
- Performs routine maintenance check and cleaning of pool vehicles, starts vehicles, checks fluid levels and fills as needed, communicates any damage or repairs needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Performs preventative maintenance on all fuel locations
- Collect daily fuel station readouts and dispose or trash from gas shack receptacles
- Cleans carwash bays and makes minor repairs to carwash equipment
- Performs interior and exterior painting associated with Fleet areas
- May serve as courier for parts and move vehicles to vendors as needed
- Remove snow from all Fleet entry ways
- Remove snow from fueling station islands and fuel delivery covers
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- At least one year facility and grounds maintenance experience.
- Colorado Driver License with a good driving record.
Knowledge: Knowledge of facilities and grounds maintenance practices. Knowledge of general maintenance of vehicles.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
Skills: Skill in operating vehicles and basic maintenance equipment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring ability to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; considerable walking and standing; frequently performs activities requiring a full range of body movement including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and climbing; eye/hand/foot coordination for operation of cleaning equipment and vehicle/equipment operation; vision to read operating manuals and instructions; hearing/listening for instructions and warning signals.
Work Environment: Works both in and outdoors in a vehicle maintenance shop environment with exposure to noise, dust, fumes and chemicals.
Equipment Used: Operates hand tools and equipment common basic facility and grounds maintenance. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.