Front Desk Clerical Assistant - Aurora Aquatics
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: 12.50Estimated average hours per week: 10-20
Hours: Works varied schedules that may include days, nights, and weekends.
This position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.These positions do not provide medical benefitsThe Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Department is seeking qualified Clerical Assistants to perform receptionist duties and a variety of clerical and administrative support for the Del Mar pool, Utah Pool, Meadow Hills, Aqua Vista Pheasant Run, Parklane, And Village GreenAt the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come-first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Displays exceptional customer service skills
- Answers questions and gives clear information to customers over the phone and in-person
- Registers customers for recreation programs using a computer and City registration system
- Responsible for processing payments and accurately handling a cash drawer
- Assists with basic custodial duties that help keep the Recreation Center clean at all times
- May provide care and supervision for children in the "Child Watch" program
- Assists with setting up and taking down tables and chairs in multi-use rooms
- Assists management staff with Recreation Center rules enforcement
- Preforms other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge: Knowledge of business English, spelling and math; general office equipment; and personal computers and related software applications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and typing.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; alphabetize; spell; operate office equipment. Ability to prioritize tasks without direct supervision. Works varied schedules that include days, evenings, and weekends. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
Skills: Efficiently and accurately key information using a keyboard and skill in performing data entry.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate a computer terminal and office equipment; the vision for reading, recording, and interpreting information; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Frequently answers telephone; frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, copy/fax machines, credit card machines, and cash register.__________________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service, and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.