Front Desk Clerical Assistant - Meadowood & Expo Center
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department is seeking qualified Clerical Assistants to
perform receptionist duties and a variety of clerical and administrative support for the
Meadowood and Expo Recreation Center.
- This position is Temporary, Part Time, with no Benefits
- The anticipated hiring Wage is $11.10/hour
- Hours: Works varied schedules that will include days, nights, and weekends.
At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer
Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come first serve basis? as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Displays exceptional front desk customer service skills
- Answers and directs questions, inquires and concerns of customers by telephone and in person
- Registers customers in classes/trips using City registration system
- Processes payments and handles daily reconciliation of revenue, cash handling
- Gathers information for various reports? maintains logs, informational books, records
- Maintains security of facility upon opening and closing
- Operates a variety of office equipment
- Performs room set up and take down
- Performs other duties as assigned
- All front desk staff will be trained on the food program and required to serve during shift(s) Monday-Friday.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: At least 6 months of clerical training/experience or equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of business English, spelling and math? general office equipment? and personal computers and related software applications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and typing.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and
citizens? communicate effectively both orally and in writing? alphabetize? spell? operate office equipment. Ability to prioritize tasks without direct supervision. Works varied schedules that includes days, evenings and weekends. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
Skills: Efficiently and accurately key information using a keyboard and skill in performing data entry.
Licenses, Certificates, or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift maximum of
25 pounds? occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing? frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer terminal and office equipment? vision for reading, recording and interpreting
information? frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Frequently answers telephone? frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, copy/fax machines, credit card machine, and cash register.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability, military status, or gender identity unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as determined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.