General Employees Retirement (GERP) Board
- Summary of Job Duties
General Employees' Retirement Board has a Vacancy
Are you interested in helping one of your city's retirement plans remain well funded and continue to provide benefits to the city's career service employees? The City of Aurora General Employees' Retirement Plan (GERP) Board of Trustees will have an opening for a City Council appointed trustee beginning in January 2020. GERP is a defined benefit public pension plan designed to provide lifetime monthly retirement benefits to eligible employees of the City of Aurora. The seven member board of trustees meets 16 times each year to oversee investments, set policy and review the administration of GERP. Trustees are required to analyze data and make decisions on complex financial and legal issues.
More information about GERP can be found at https://www.auroragov.org/city_hall/boards___commissions/general_employees_retirement_board and www.auroragerp.org.
If you have been a resident of the City of Aurora for at least one (1) year and are not a member or participant of GERP, you can apply online for this Board position at https://cf.auroragov.org/apps/boardsandcommissions/Online%20Application%20for%20Appointment.cfm.
Please note: Any applications received here will NOT be reviewed. You MUST apply at: https://cf.auroragov.org/apps/boardsandcommissions/Online%20Application%20for%20Appointment.cfm.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To administer the pension plan for the city of Aurora general employees
- To manage and be responsible for its proper operation
- To supervise the investment of funds held in trust
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be an Aurora resident for at least one (1) year prior to appointment
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Usually meets at the Aurora Corporate Plaza, 12100 E. Iliff Ave. #108 on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8 a.m
- Quarterly Meetings:
- 4th Thursday in February, May, August & 1st Thursday in December