Golf Assistant Professional
- Summary of Job Duties
Hiring range for this position is $48,204 - $57,781 /annually
Full salary range for this position is $48,204 - $67,357/annually
The Golf Division is looking for 2 Golf Assistant Professional,
- Murphy Creek Golf Course
- Meadow Hills Golf Course
- 100% Lesson revenue
- Junior Camp
- PGA Junior League
- 100% Club Repairs
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovative workspaces
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants is obtained, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Head Professional with all Golf Course responsibilities and is in charge of the facility and the Pro Shop in the absence of the Head Professional.
- Coordinate with the Golf Professional the opening and closing of the facility
- Operates cash register and collects fees for usage of the golf course and driving range
- Organizes and assists with tournaments and leagues
- Assists with all aspects of Golf Shop merchandising
- Training Golf Shop employees, range and cart attendants
- Prepares and maintains records in regards to daily revenues and bank deposits
- Provides golf lessons, golf clinics and runs junior golf programming
- Maintains rental and range equipment
- Coordinates with maintenance to ensure playability of course
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 3 years' progressively responsible experience in golf pro shop management.
An equivalent combination of education, training, member, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of golf shop operations; knowledge of budgeting and merchandising. Knowledgeable of standard computer operations and related software applications with word processing, spreadsheets, and golf-related programs.
- Proven ability to create a customer service-oriented environment by creating and maintaining effective working relationships with the public, employees, and management; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing, ability to train, evaluate and discipline other employees; organize facility golf programming to include creative player development programs, leagues, tournaments, and other events intended to engage the public and grow the game.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, supervisory, merchandising, budgeting, analytical, and golf instructional skills.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Registration as a Class A member of the Professional Golfers' Association (Preferred)
- Current Colorado Driver's License.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; some lifting and carrying; regular walking and standing for work in pro shop; vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents; some hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard and cash register; foot/eye coordination for operation of golf cart; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Works primarily indoors in golf shop; some outdoor work with exposure to noise and dust.
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Personal computer, cash register, golf cart, and related equipment used on the job.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.