Golf Equipment Specialist - Murphy Creek Golf Course
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hiring range for this position is $21.69 - $26.00/hour
Full salary range for this position is $21.69 - $30.30/hour
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
The Golf Division of the Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces department of the city of Aurora focuses on providing a superior golf experience as a recreational outlet at a great value while practicing sound environmental principles.
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Golf Equipment Specialist performs skilled work in the maintenance, repair, and operation of golf course equipment and golf carts to include automotive, hydraulic and electronic systems for the Golf Division.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on specialized golf courses equipment and systems
- Runs, tests, troubleshoots, sharpens specialized cutting/trimming equipment, and makes major and minor repairs to equipment and golf carts
- Maintains records of operation, maintenance, and repairs
- Maintains inventory of parts and supplies
- Assist in training employees with equipment operation and maintenance
- Oversees required fuel records and places fuel orders
- Performs welding and fabrication projects
- May assist maintenance staff in general golf course maintenance activities
- May act as lead-worker and/or weekend golf course supervisor
- Participates in City-wide snow removal program
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: At least 4 years' experience in vehicle repair and maintenance. Prefer experience with sharpening specialized mowing and cutting equipment, working with computerized controls and diagnostic procedures.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of practices, record-keeping methods, procedures, equipment, welding, metal fabrication, and systems related to specialized golf course equipment repairs and maintenance; knowledge of applicable safety practices and procedures; and basic knowledge of computer operation with related software.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; problem-solve and take initiative; read detailed instructions, diagrams, and schematics; maintain records and logs; and perform activities common to assigned maintenance function; work weekends. May require ability to do repetitive lifting.
Skills: Skill in the use and upkeep of tools and equipment related to maintenance and repair of golf course equipment, facilities, and systems; computer operation, for managing/maintaining of records.
Licenses, Certificates, or Equipment Required:
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to obtain a Colorado Class B Commercial Driver's License with air-brakes endorsement within 12 months of employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy physical work; may require ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds or 100 pounds with assistance for items heavier than 50 pounds; may lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; considerable walking and standing; frequent performance of activities requiring a full range of body movement including bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for operation of tools, equipment, and vehicles; vision to read manuals and record data and monitor and observe instruments and gauges; hearing/listening for troubleshooting and warning signals; speech communication provide technical information and communicate with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions, dust, noise, fumes, and chemicals; may work in confined space.
Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
Equipment Used: Operates tools, equipment, and vehicles common to golf course equipment maintenance and computer._____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, Employment References, and Education Verification:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies. Submittal of official transcripts of the most relevant/highest level of education listed on the application.