- Summary of Job Duties
The City of Aurora has openings for Part Time Gymnastics Instructors.
This is a part-time position with various hours throughout the week and weekend.
The selected applicant must be at least 16 years old by date of hire.
Starting hourly wage depends on qualifications.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for instructing and supervising gymnasts in the gym.
- Responsible for customer relations - gymnastics, parents and other instructors.
- Provide positive atmosphere, maintain good class control, take attendance, hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules.
- Responsible for on-site communication with custodial, school staff, and recreation center staff, relaying information back to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Age: At least 16 years old at date of hire.
Experience: A gymnastics background is preferred. Also, experience with pre-school aged children to 12 years of age a plus.
Knowledge: Knowledge of gymnastics skill progressions, equipment and spotting techniques.
Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively with customers, parents, and children.
- Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Light to moderate physical work, the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; may require some lifting, carrying, walking & standing; occasional hand/eye coordination; vision to ready & interpret written material; frequent speech communication & hearing to maintain communication with class participants and other staff.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.