Head Golf Professional at Meadow Hills Golf Course
- Summary of Job Duties
Hiring range for this position is $65,922 - $82,397/annually
Full salary range for this position is $65,922 - $98,872/annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, and manages a staff of golf shop operations personnel to include assistant golf pros, pro shop employees, and driving range/cart personnel
- Responsible for hiring and training of golf shop staff
- Recommends evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Manages retail purchases, prices, displays and provides inventory control of golf shop merchandise
- Facilitates the promotion and administration of tournaments and leagues
- Coordinates plays on golf course through the use of computer reservation system
- Provides and coordinates golf lessons for the general public including adults, youth and senior programs
- Supervises, prepares and maintains records for daily revenues, bank deposits, monthly and yearly summations, responsible for cash controls and security
- Makes budget recommendations and prepares revenue forecasts for Manager of Golf
- Ensures rental and range equipment are properly maintained
- Exercises independent judgment in resolving citizen and employee issues and customer complaints
- Coordinates concessionaire services to assure customer accommodation
- Coordinates public relations and golf promotion with the Golf Marketing Specialist
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in business administration or a directly related business field is preferred.
- At least 5 years' progressively responsible experience in golf pro shop management.
- 2 years of supervisory experience
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of golf shop operations; knowledge of budgeting and merchandising. Knowledgeable of standard computer operations and related software applications with word processing, spreadsheets, and golf-related programs.
- Proven ability to create a customer service oriented environment by creating and maintaining effective working relationships with the public, employees and management; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both orally and in writing, ability to train, evaluate and discipline other employees; organize facility golf programming to include creative player development programs, leagues, tournaments and other events intended to engage the public and grow the game.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, supervisory, merchandising, budgeting, analytical and golf instructional skills.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Registration as a Class A member of the Professional Golfers' Association for minimum of 3 years.
- Current Colorado Driver's License.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; some lifting and carrying; regular walking and standing for work in pro shop; vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents; some hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard and cash register; foot/eye coordination for operation of golf cart; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Works primarily indoors in golf shop; some outdoor work with exposure to noise and dust.
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Personal computer, cash register, golf cart, and related equipment used on the job.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.