- Summary of Job Duties
Salary to commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $56,538 - $69,210/Annually
The salary range for this position is $56,538 - $81,883/Annually
All applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
OVERVIEW OF POSITION / DEPARTMENT
Under the direction of the HRIS Supervisor in Human Resources, the HRIS Analyst plans, maintains, assist in developments, implements and evaluates the city’s HRIS processes. This position will be responsible for providing system and analytics expertise running reports and analysis of the HRIS. The HRIS Compensation Analyst will support other areas in the department as needed.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support data entry, quality control, reporting, analytics and ERP implementation
- Monitors HRIS system and all link-ups to ensure they function properly for external programs like learning management system (LMS), risk and workers’ comp system (Origami), wellness system/platform (Staywell)
- Maintains systems to ensure efficient operations, processing, and report generation
- Implements, administers, and supports the execution of organization wide compensation adjustments and changes, including year end annual increases, merit, and/or market adjustments
- Implements, administers, and supports the execution of organization wide benefit adjustments and changes, including open enrollment
- Maintain all employee files, both electronic and paper
- Identifies and analyzes employee data, including but not limited to; surveys, turnover, recruitment issues, and EEO info, and present/summarize findings
- Gather open records request data
- Assist in training on the system for supervisors and employees (department liaisons/time-keepers/payroll clerks, manager self-service, employee self-service, etc)
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business/public administration, or related field
- At least 3 years in the human resource profession in the area of HRIS, data, reporting, analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource processes and procedures
- Personal computer and related software applications including word processing, data base and spreadsheet applications
- Has demonstrated the ability to gather, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations;
- Present in front of medium to large groups; to include executive staff;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers and citizens;
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated consistent, high accuracy of detail, and accurate math calculations and keep detailed records;
- Set priorities and work with minimal supervision;
- Interact knowledgeably with staff and public in person, email and by phone;
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills within HR and across the organization;
- Strong Excel skills for data gathering and analytical purposes.
- Equipment: Frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, calculators and copy/fax machine.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Sedentary physical work lifting no more than 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording and interpreting information
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Works primarily in an office environment.
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment
- This position may require the incumbent to use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.