- Summary of Job Duties
***This posting is scheduled to close on April 18th, 2021 at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you***
All applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume
Salary to commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $84,561 - $106,000 Annually
The salary range for this position is $84,561 - $122,674 Annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
OVERVIEW OF POSITION / DEPARTMENT
As a report to the Deputy Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Supervisor will manage a newly created HRIS division. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the policies and processes that fuel a healthy and functional HRIS/HCM system. The HRIS Supervisor will be the lead point of contact for the support of all HR systems and will act as the subject matter expert in relation to HRIS/HCM, providing support in the development and implementation of HR systems, manage system security and upgrades, process improvement, and projects. This position provides the highest levels of customer service by fostering positive relationships with internal partners, external customers and city leadership, and is expected to have exceptional analytical problem-solving skills with ability to draw conclusions, extract themes and trends and propose recommendations.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and manages HRIS division’s operations, responsible for strategic planning and supervise direct reports (including but not limited to performance management, evaluations, coaching, development, training and hiring)
- Administers and maintains the City's employee HRIS including: ERP and HCM implementation, all employee data entry, compensation adjustments and changes, benefits enrollment data entry, open enrollment system/platform, learning management system (LMS), risk and workers’ comp system, wellness system/platform, open records requests, reporting and analysis, employee file management (electronic and paper), and training
- Serves as key liaison with HCM vendor and other stakeholders
- Oversees testing of system, conversion of data onto HRIS, and implementation of new system and link-ups with other systems and locations
- Monitors HRIS system and all link-ups to ensure they function properly
- Trains department and organizational staff on system access and utilization
- Maintains systems to ensure efficient operations, processing, and report generation
- Determines when and how to upgrade system to meet changing user and organizational needs
- Provides analysis, makes recommendations and implements new policies and procedures as they relate to HRIS
- Presents information and conducts meetings with management team and other customers as the functional area expert
- Assists with negotiation of contracts and service agreements
- Implements and processes benefits and compensation changes such a benefits plan set ups or compensation increases within the HRIS system
- Participates in developing operational priorities, goals and objectives as they relate to HRIS
- Coordinates job evaluations and the creation and classification of new or existing jobs in HRIS
- Prepares, revises and maintains job class specifications and career development plans in HRIS
- Coordinates and oversees complex special projects
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, or Computer Science or a directly related field.
- At least four years progressively responsible experience in human resources including HRIS or IT experience working with HRIS.
- Two years or more of supervisor experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of HR and/or HRIS.
- Strong understanding of HCM/HRIS system/database design, structure, and functions with the ability to develop reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, vendors, elected officials and City retirees.
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; establish and fulfill goals and objectives; direct and effectively supervise other employees.
- Design and write specifications for employee benefits programs; to direct and effectively supervise assigned personnel and work flexible hours and weekends as required.
- Ability to work with and interpret relational data.
- Experience performing diagnostic tests and audits, as well as documenting processes, identifying training needs, developing training curriculum and facilitating training.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, decision making and supervisory skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet, word processing and data base applications.
- Possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Sedentary work lifting no more than 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
- Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works in a clean, comfortable environment
- Work includes combination of in-office and remote-work
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.