Human Resource Analyst
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a highly qualified Human Resource professional with experience in all functions of Human Resources. The role will have a primary focus on serving recruitment needs for several Departments. This position provides the highest levels of customer service by fostering positive relationships with internal and external customers. We are seeking an individual that thrives under challenging projects and deadlines and has a desire to help our employees embrace our culture and enact positive change.
The City of Aurora is pleased to offer:
- Additional advancement opportunities are available through Career Progressions and Promotions
- Training assistance through our online Learning Management System as well as a Tuition Assistance Program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
The City takes pride in seeing our employees succeed. Join us for a career, not just a job.
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora! We're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
***This posting is scheduled to close on Friday, November 22, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. (midnight), however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice. **
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comfortable with advising others, making recommendations, and successfully communicate and guide all levels of staff including management team when making human resources related decisions
- Develops applicant recruitment strategies
- Writes and places employment advertisements
- Prepares and compiles job opportunity listings
- Reviews and evaluates job applications
- Assesses applicants and prepares certification lists for referral to hiring managers
- Maintains applicant tracking systems and records
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws and regulations, including reporting requirements
- Provides guidance and assistance on interviewing and selection techniques and procedures
- Provides information and assistance to applicants and employees on the City's hiring and employment processes
- Gathers and analyzes data pertaining to job classifications and makes classification recommendations
- Makes job classification and market salary recommendations
- Assists in the development of job qualifications and requirements
- Developing and conducting educational and informational programs and training for staff programs and supports community involvement and special event coordination
- Programs and supports community involvement and special event coordination
- Ensures procedures and programs are compliant with HR best practices
- Provides objective interpretation, guidance, and assistance on city policies and procedures to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Provides guidance to employees, management and applicants throughout the hiring process, onboarding and into employment
- Create customized reports using relational database reporting tools
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in Human Resources or related field, or two years of college-level course work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration or related field, preferred
- At least three(3) years in the human resource profession
- Knowledge of human resource processes and procedures
- Personal computer and related software applications including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, and citizens
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Create and maintain detailed records
- Set priorities and work with minimal supervision
- Interact knowledgeably with staff and public in person and by email/phone
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
License and Certificates:
- Valid Colorado driver's license with a good driving history
- Certification such as the following are preferred:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate a personal computer and office equipment
- Vision for reading, recording and interpreting information
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works primarily in an office environment
- Personal computer and motor vehicle.
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies