Inventory Control Technician - Fleet
- Summary of Job Duties
- Salary to be commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $36,871.00 - $44,283.00 Annually
The salary range for this position is $36,871.00 - $51,696.00 Annually
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation workspaces
The mission of the Public Works Department is to effectively promote and maintain a high level of economic welfare and quality of life in Aurora through the planning, design, construction, inspection, review, approval and maintenance of Aurora's transportation and drainage infrastructure.
The Fleet Division of the Public Works department is seeking a qualified Inventory Control Technician performs a variety of duties in the acquisition, receipt, maintenance and issuance of parts, tools, materials and supplies for the Fleet Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department.This position is set to close on Tuesday, June 16th, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Orders and issues automotive and heavy equipment parts supplies and materials for fleet maintenance operations.
- Locates and acquires parts and accessories.
- Researches and recommends possible materials based on fleet standards.
- Enters issues and receipts into computer.
- Contacts vendors to obtain price quotes and places orders based on lowest quotes.
- Monitors supplies to maintain appropriate inventory level.
- Stocks shelves.
- Maintains clean and orderly work / storage areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly outside storage yard.
- Unloads trucks and checks inventories for discrepancies.
- Picks up and delivers parts.
- Maintains records for inventory control, reporting and billing purposes.
- Performs additional duties as required
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- At least six (6) months year experience in equipment stock work including automotive, truck, light and heavy equipment parts with some experience utilizing a computer-based inventory system, one (1) year preferred
- Colorado Driver License with a good driving record
- Methods and procedures for acquiring, receiving, storing and issuing parts and supplies.
- Basic math.
- Personal computers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Use stockroom equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Work in conditions common to automotive shops and warehouse.
- Lift, move, carry and store materials and supplies.
- Work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Procuring parts, materials and supplies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill in the use of windows-based programs
- Strong customer service skills
- Skills in checking information for accuracy and completeness and ability to correct errors
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position will require occasional heavy physical work that involves moving no more than 100 pounds with or without assistance at a time
- This position will require frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- This position will require frequent walking and standing pushing, pulling, bending and stooping
- This position will require frequent pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- This position will require occasional hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for operation of office and warehouse equipment including forklift.
- This position will require continuous clear vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents.
- This position will require continuous speech communication and hearing skills to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- This position will require continuous hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard, carts and moveable shelving.
- This position will require continuous clear vision to read parts manuals, invoices and related documents and operate equipment
- Works both indoors in a vehicle maintenance facility with some time spent outdoors.
- Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, and dust.
- Must be available to work a shift schedule change with little to no advance notice (mandatory overtime).
- Must be able to work alone in extremely busy environment, while keeping composure.
- Must be flexible to take breaks or lunches at different times depending on workload and job duties.
- This position will require the continuous use of computer and common office software such as email, internet, Word, Excel and menu driven databases and other office equipment.
- This position will require the occasional use of a City Vehicle and a forklift.
Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.