- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Management Assistant performs a variety of complex administrative and technical support for the Chief Information and Digital Officer.
- Provides administrative support for the Department Director (1), Deputy CIO (1) and Division Managers (3)
- Prepares and monitors the department's human resources administrative needs
- Processes department payroll
- Prepares and processes expense reports
- Manages purchasing needs for the department, including preparing purchasing requisitions and verifying and processing invoices for payment and closing purchase orders. Monitors and reports balances for blanket purchase orders.
- Assists in the development of management presentations using appropriate technology
- As a super-user provides technical expertise to the department using the city's financial software application(s) such as ERP, purchasing card management, and travel
- Assists in monitoring and coordinating the department's operational and capital projects budget
- Provides administrative support to a variety of committees and commissions
- Answers telephone and processes calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Manages the CIO's calendar
- Coordinates and completes special projects, including department meetings and events
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED. Associates Degree (preferred).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements on a year for year basis.
- At least 3 years related technical and administrative support experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Skype for Business, and the ability to support multiple calendars simultaneously.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, math and legal terminology; office practices and procedures
- Administrative support functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related application software necessary for the office operations.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds and to lift 10 pounds overhead; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- frequent hand/eye coordination to operate office equipment
- Vision to read and interpret reports and other written material
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, calculators and copy/fax machines; frequently answers telephone.
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, military service and included related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.