- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will work directly with the Information Technology Department to help Designs, maintains and supports Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area (WAN), and Wireless LAN (WLAN) data and voice networks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and administers the data network systems;
- Provides high level technical support for network hardware and software configuration and installation;
- Design, configure and install for and data network systems meeting established standards
- Cisco UC, including Unity and UCX CUCM administration
- Router and Switch configuration and support;
- Coordinate with vendors and telecommunications service providers during installation and configuration of provided services;
- May serves as backup senior network administrator;
- Analyze, monitor and resolve network hardware and software anomalies;
- Coordinate with departments to provide network software/hardware designs to meet application requirements;
- Testing and evaluating new data/voice/video networking technologies,
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science or directly related field.
- At least 3 years progressively responsible experience in/with:
- Operations with Windows network operating systems;
- LAN, WAN, WLAN network design and configuration,
- Voice over IP (VOIP) operations including;
- network management applications and network analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft network operating systems; Domain Name Services, DHCP; principals of systems analysis and design; VOIP, switches and router configuration including MPLS, BGP and VLAN, Network monitoring and analysis tools, Ethernet, network management, Internet firewall IPS technologies and VPN's. Understanding of Web based applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, users, vendors and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; provide technical assistance to users; analyze and evaluate LAN, WLAN, Internet and voice networks supporting the City's line of business applications.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and analytical skills.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Light physical work requiring ability to lift 25 pounds, 10 pounds overhead; some standing and walking to monitor and work on network hardware; Ability to climb ladders and crawl in confined spaces to evaluate and troubleshoot physical network infrastructure; frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard and peripheral equipment; vision to read and interpret information and computer data; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment. Works a standby/on-call schedule when required.
Equipment Used: Personal Computer, voice and data network test equipment.
Licenses, Equipment or Certificates Required: Network+ Required. Prefer Cisco Certification CCENT. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.____________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.