Personal Trainer - Aurora Recreation Centers
- Summary of Job Duties
- This posting is to fill various Personal Trainer Position within the City of Aurora
This is a temporary non-benefited position at this time
The Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department is currently seeking individuals to develop exercise programs designed for a variety of levels and lead workouts in individual, small group and/or large group settings.
Pay is dependent on certification(s) and experience.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screening of applications. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates appropriate modifications of exercises and assist participants in setting attainable goals
- Performs consultations and fitness assessments
- Assists in recruitment, retention, program marketing, and special events
- Provides professional, safe and effective demonstrations while offering ongoing motivation and feedback
- Creates enthusiastic and energetic workout environments while providing specific emphasis on safety and proper execution of movements
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of cardiovascular and resistance training instruction, flexibility training, functional training, safety/spotting, fitness testing, and general nutrition
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Keeps all forms and files up-to-date
- Responsible for own time cards
- Performs minor first aid and emergency contact and completes incident reports
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills.
Knowledge: Knowledge: Basic knowledge of body mechanics helpful.
Skills: Skill in fitness techniques and emergency response.
Abilities: Ability to maintain a safe environment at work site.
Licenses, Certifications, or Equipment Required: Certified Personal Training Certificate.
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; regular walking and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform and demonstrate appropriate fitness skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech communication for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily indoors with exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, water and other conditions found in a fitness environment.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to fitness classes.
_____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, military service and include related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.