Preschool Clerical Assistant - Beck Recreation Center
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a qualified Preschool Clerical Assistant to perform a variety of clerical and administrative support for the operation of a Preschool class room.
- This position is Temporary, with no Benefits
- 15hrs/week Monday - Friday
- The anticipated hiring Wage is $10.20/hour
- This position is located at 800 Telluride Street Aurora, CO 80012
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Display exceptional customer service skills,excellent computer/clerical skill, self motivated
- Answer and direct questions, inquiries and concerns of customers by telephone and in person.
- Register customers in classes using City registration system.
- Process payments
- Gather information for various reports; maintain logs, informational books, records.
- Maintain security of the preschool upon opening and closing.
- Operate a variety of office equipment.
- Assist with preschool classroom duties
- Maintain cleanliness/organization of office, storage and preschool clasrooms
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education: High School diploma .
Experience: At least 6 months of clerical training/experience or equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities and skills.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of business English, spelling and math; general office equipment; and personal computers and related software applications.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; alphabetize; spell; operate office equipment. Prioritize tasks without direct supervision.
Skills: Efficiently and accurately key information using a keyboard and skill in performing data entry and typing. Accurate cash handling skills.
- Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Primarily moderate physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 60 pounds. Lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer terminal and office equipment; vision for reading, maintain communication with parents and coworkers.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment. Work conditions may consist of high noise volume and busy office area, classrooms areas and may require some outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
Equipment Used: Frequently answers telephone; frequently uses standard office equipment including computers, calculators, copy/fax machines, and credit card machine._____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.