Procurement Analyst - Intern
- Summary of Job Duties
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Procurement Analyst will accomplish creating and maintain an Xcel database that can track awards for contractors, subcontractors, small business, minority, and women-owned business, (SBE, MBE, and WBE)
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
This position is a temporary, part time position and not benefit eligible at this time.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain an Xcel database that can track awards for contractors, subcontractors, small business, minority, and women-owned business
- Obtain the Business size status form for all purchase orders issued beginning January 1, 2019
- Obtain Small Business Participation Reports from the department project manager or directly from each of the businesses on a monthly basis
- Enter business size standard and status information for each vendor into database
- Enter the purchase order number, vendor name, vendor location and award amount into database for each of the business categories
- Research comparable data from other municipalities for comparison purposes
- Analyze database for contracting and subcontracting trends with small, minority and women owned businesses
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pursuing Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, finance accounting, economics, or math preferred
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business English and math
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and managers
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Set priorities and work with minimal supervision; interact knowledgeably with staff and the public in person and by phone
- Expert skill level working with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SharePoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g., vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Use of standard office equipment that includes a computer system____________________________________________________________________________
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.