Program Nurse/ Morning Star Adult Day Program
- Summary of Job Duties
- The Hiring Range for this position will be $21.06 - $23.00 Depending on Qualifications.
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screening of applications. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Morning Star Adult Day Program offers a safe and supportive environment to individuals 55 years of age or older with memory or physical impairments while providing much needed respite for their caregivers.
- Perform health screening, assess potential and current clients.
- Prepare care plans for frail and isolated seniors.
- Supervise CNAs in medication administration and personal care of clients, including meal assistance, walking, transfers, and bathroom use.
- Assist clients as needed.
- Report client status to, and plan care with, caregivers and professional contacts.
- Provide educational programs for staff, clients, and families.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Education: LPN or RN
Please attach transcripts, of any and all required education attained by the applicant which is indicated on the application.
Experience: Three years experience with elderly care or long term care. Prefer adult day program experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of the diseases of the elderly, especially Alzheimer's and related dementia; Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
Abilities: Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, and staff.
Skills: Health monitoring; organization and tracking of health care.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Current Colorado LPN or RN license
- Certification in CPR/AED/First Aid
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Light to moderate physical work requiring the ability to aid client transfers and lift a maximum of 50 pounds (with or without assistance) standing, walking, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling needed to assist in care of participants, hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard, vision to read reports and other written material, frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in an adult day program setting.
Equipment used: Stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, scales, Blood sugar monitor, personal computer, kitchen equipment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.