Recreation Maintenance Technician - Aquatics
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The City of Aurora is seeking a Recreation Maintenance Technician to perform skilled maintenance and technical work in the maintenance repair and operation of facilities, pools, equipment and systems for the Aquatics division
- Will assist work crews in the installation, repair and maintenance of swimming pools and related equipment and aquatic facilities.
- Will conduct preventive maintenance inspections of equipment
- Will perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on equipment
- Will maintain and repair tools and equipment used for these functions
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: 2 years aquatics experience in either swimming pool construction and / or service work. This includes minor electrical, plumbing, concrete, tile and other associated pool experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Needs knowledge of practices, procedures, equipment and systems related to assigned maintenance function and applicable safety practices and procedures.
Abilities: Needs to be able to perform manual labor for extended periods of time, ability to understand verbal and written instructions
Skills: Skill in performing tool and equipment maintenance activities; adjusting equipment appropriately; using supplies safely and efficiently; transporting and operating equipment safely.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or Equipment Required:
- Colorado Driver's License with a good driving history
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy physical work depending upon assigned function; may require ability to lift a maximum of 80 pounds with assistance; may lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds with or without assistance; considerable walking and standing; frequent performance of activities requiring a full range of body movement including bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for operation of tools, equipment, and vehicles; vision to read manuals, record data, and monitor/observe instruments and gauges; hearing/listening for troubleshooting and warning signals; and speech communication to provide technical information and to communicate with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions, noise, fumes, and chemicals; work may be performed in a confined space; handles a variety of chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, seeds, and concrete and building materials common to maintenance and construction.
Equipment Used: Operates a variety of tools, equipment, and vehicles common to maintenance and constructiona vacancies.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.