Recreation Program Coordinator - Moorhead Recreation Center
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hiring pay for this position is $19.81 - $23.76/ Hour
Full salary range for this position is $19.81 - $27.72/Hour
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovative workspaces
The Recreation Division of PROS (Parks, Recreation and Open Space) Department is committed to providing fun recreational programs and facilities for all ages aimed at improving the overall physical and mental health of Aurora's Citizens. We are currently seeking highly motivated and talented individuals for a career in the Recreation Division. The Program Coordinator assists in recreation facility operations and ensures quality customer service for customers at the Moorhead Recreation Center.
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Program Coordinator is engaged through challenging assignments, opportunities to grow programs according to the needs and desires of the Citizens of Aurora, and the ability to grow valuable, lasting relationships in a dynamic work environment.
This position will be required to work nights and weekends.
- Stays current with trends in the Recreation industry to ensure that Citizens of Aurora are offered superior options to meet their varied needs.
- Leads by example to ensure excellent customer service for drop-in customers at the recreation centers and participants in the City of Aurora programs by establishing high customer service standards for staff and ensuring a high level of accountability to meet those expectations.
- Assists with front desk supervision and operations of the assigned facility that provides recreation programming and rental opportunities to citizens.
- Assists in the supervision of contingent staff, volunteers.
- Assists in the assignment, training, direction, and monitoring of staff duties; initiates disciplinary actions when needed.
- Performs routine facility maintenance inspections and ensures repairs are completed as needed.
- Assists supervising and coordinating logistics for facility rentals, including, but not limited to, providing tours and information to prospective renters, and implementing details outlined in rental agreements to ensure events are properly executed with optimal satisfaction.
- Is responsible for proper setup and takedown of rental space.
- Assists with fee collection, accounting activities, and program registration in assigned areas; reviews records and files to ensure proper accounting and documentation consistent with Recreation policies and procedures.
- Assists with Recreation special events as needed.
- Provide a variety of general information to the public regarding parks and recreation operations and programs; respond to questions and resolve complaints as needed.
- Observe necessary precautions to assure general public safety; inspect facilities for safety and maintenance needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in recreation
Experience: At least 1 years experience in Recreation Center environments.
***A combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements on a year for year basis.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Recreational Industry standards and Core 4 Values. An understanding of programming and exceptional customer service.
Abilities: The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens. The ability to respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. Shifts for this position require the candidate to be available to regularly work evenings, weekends, weekdays and holidays.
Skills: Strong organization, management, communication, interpersonal and planning skills are required.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or equipment required: In order to be successful in this position, applicants must have the ability to obtain a Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record.
You may occasionally use your own personal equipment (i.e. Vehicle, cell phone, laptop, tools, etc.) during the course of your employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Sedentary to moderate physical work depending upon assignment; may require the ability to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance; may require regular standing and walk; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye coordination for operation of the computer; may require foot/eye coordination for operation of a motor vehicle; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment; may require outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.Essential Personnel: When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel
Equipment Used: Personal computer with related software applications; may require the operation of a motor vehicle.__________________________________________________________________Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.