Recreation Supervisor - Beck Recreation Center
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
**This posting is scheduled to close on Friday, March 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm; however, is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Recreation Supervisor is engaged through challenging assignments, opportunities to grow
programs according to the needs and desires of the Citizens of Aurora and the ability to grow
valuable, lasting relationships in a dynamic work environment.
Essential duties include:
- Leads by example to ensure excellent customer service for drop in customers at the recreation centers and participants in the City of Aurora programs by establishing high customer service standards for staff and ensuring a high level of accountability to meet those expectations.
- Promotes outreach to the community to gain insight into citizen expectations, needs and desires and challenges staff to develop plans to meet them.
- Evaluates the condition and functionality of infrastructure systems making recommendations to support programs or improve facilities.
- Stays current with trends in the Recreation industry to ensure that Citizens of Aurora are offered superior options to meet their varied needs.
- Assists in budget preparation and manages revenue and expenses closely to ensure strong financial performance.
- Sets work priorities and oversees staff, setting policies and procedures that require staff to provide top notch customer service.
- Makes personnel decisions on selection hiring, training, evaluating and developing assigned employees.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Recreation Administration or a related field.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in either Business Management, Park and Recreation Management or a related field,
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of how to successfully manage a business with both revenue and expense expectations as well as knowledge of how a registration system operates and is supported.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens. The ability to respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. The ability to motivate staff, create a positive work environment, and hold staff accountable for achieving measurable goals and developing their skills. Shifts for this position require the candidate to be available to work evenings, weekends, weekdays and holidays.
- Strong organization, management, communication, interpersonal and planning skills are required.
- In order to be successful in this position, applicants must have the ability to obtain a Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sedentary to moderate physical work depending upon assignment
- May require ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds
- Some lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires regular standing and walking
- May require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and climbing
- Eye/hand coordination for operation of computer; may require full body coordination for operation of motor vehicle
- Vision to read reports and other written material
- Frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment; may require outdoor work with exposure to dust and noise.
______________________________________________________________________For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- Standard business and professional equipment and tools including computer; may require operation of motor vehicle.
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.