Revenue Analyst I, II
- Summary of Job Duties
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora - we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
The Office of Budget and Financial Planning is a division of the Finance Department. Our office manages the annual budget development process, provides citywide budget guidance, and provides analysis, research, and special project support across the organization. Our work is highly visible as we work with varying departments and varying levels of staff/management. We are a high-performing, hard-working group that likes to have fun. We are currently looking for a personable and qualified Revenue Analyst to join the office.
This employee will function primarily as the Revenue Analyst. As a member of the Budget Office team, the employee will perform a variety of complex analytical and administrative functions to include: General Fund revenue projections and reporting; financial planning and control; budget development, monitoring and control; performance measurement and monitoring; programmatic review; and organizational structure. The ideal candidate will be an experienced team-player who is detail oriented, analytical and self-motivated. Although an experienced candidate is preferred, varying experience levels will be considered.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and analyzes detailed revenue information
- Monitors economic conditions and prepares revenue projections
- Coordinates with contracted firm to prepare econometric model forecast
- Prepares monthly and quarterly revenue reports for management and City Council
- Coordinates, researches, analyzes, develops, and reviews recommendations for budgeting, operations, financial planning, organizational analysis, policy formulation, performance measures, and service delivery
- Works with other budget staff and/or works independently to coordinate and facilitate the development of department and division budgets
- Acts as a liaison to City financial divisions in monitoring accounts and financial reports
- Provides administrative and budget assistance to departmental management and budget coordinators
- Performs analysis of departmental expenditures and revenues against evaluation criteria
- Assists in fund management
- Prepares and reviews various technical and financial reports
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, finance, business administration, or directly related field with comparable research and analytical focus
- Master's Degree preferred.
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- At least 2 years progressively responsible analytical/administrative experience in areas such as revenue control and projections, control of complex budgets, financial analysis, productivity improvements, work systems review, and complex spreadsheet development.
- 2 or more years of experience in effective revenue projections and budget analysis for a governmental agency (state, county or local level) preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of economics, finance and budgeting, methods, techniques, and processes including budgeting and accounting
- Personal computers, and related word processing, spreadsheet, data base, and presentation software applications.
- Knowledge of econometric modeling a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, and elected officials
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and fulfill goals and objectives; develop and implement complex financial budget analysis
- Prepare and deliver presentations that summarize analysis; and able to work independently or in teams to complete assignments.
- Excellent written communication skills preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in the use of the computer including spreadsheet design, word processing, and presentation creation.
- Experience with database management and/or statistical software applications a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred, proficiency in Microsoft Access and SQL a plus.
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds with our without assistance; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, and standing; vision for reading, interpreting reports, and preparation of data analysis; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees, and citizens.
Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Personal computer and standard office equipment.______________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.