Seasonal Aurora Reservoir Guest Services Technician
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is seeking a Guest services technician who can focus on customer service duties at the Aurora Reservoir. This involves greeting visitors and performing specialized duties at assigned daily duty stations to include: entry station cashiering, boat rental operations, concession stand operations, light cleaning, maintenance and clerical assistance.
Candidates must be able to work varied shifts that include weekends and holidays.
Full Time: 40 hours per week from approximately May 20 - September 7.
At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
**This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Aurora Reservoir guests
- Staff the Entry Station
- Sell reservoir passes
- Operate point of sale system and performs cash reconciliation at the end of shift
- Follow established Cash Handling Policies and Procedures
- Data input of pass records
- Operate a variety of office equipment; serves as a receptionist; answering and directing questions and inquiries by telephone or in person
- Operate Concession Stand; prepares food items; maintains cleanliness of site
- Cleaning and light maintenance duties of duty stations
- Operate Boat Rental; assisting guests filling out rental contracts, waivers; launches and lands various watercraft types; instruct guests on proper use of watercraft.
- Cleaning and light maintenance of rental equipment to include bicycles, various watercraft types, barbeque grills, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: At least 1 year of cashiering and clerical experience including customer service background handling complaint calls. Experience operating and maintaining watercraft. Experience operating a concession stand.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge: General knowledge of cash registers, personal computers and related word processing software applications.
Abilities: Ability to embrace and exhibit the City of Aurora's Core 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism and Customer Service. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Skills: Skill in the use of cash registers, credit card machines; personal computers; accurately and efficiently processes information using a keyboard. Skill in operating a variety of watercraft desired.Licenses, Certificates, or Equipment Required:
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- A drivers license with a good driving history
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds with or without assistance; frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds, regular walking, and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling and crouching; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard, cash register and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions with exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals, water, sun, blowing sand and other conditions found in an outdoor environment. Handles a variety of cleaning supplies, chemicals.
Equipment Used: Frequently uses computer keyboard, cash register and standard office equipment. Operate and maintain electric boat motors, kayaks, canoes, bicycles, hand and power tools related to equipment maintenance.__________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.