Seasonal Beach Lifeguard
- Summary of Job Duties
- Would you like to get paid for sitting in the sun at the beach this summer??
The Aurora Reservoir is looking for the best Lifeguards in Colorado to fill our chairs on our Swim
Beach this summer. We're hiring friendly, customer service oriented people to protect our
visitors. We offer a competitive hourly rate! We're hiring smiles and professional attitudes. Don't
wait till it's too late!!.
This position is a temporary position and not benefit eligible at this time.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications throughout the year; as soon
as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and
without notice. Limited number of positions available apply now!
At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer
Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service and performs a variety of tasks related to aquatic safety.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of beach front area including providing patron information, responding to beach emergencies, performing daily beach maintenance, gaining voluntary compliance with beach regulations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 15 years old on date of hire
- Lifeguard Certification,
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) preferred
- Knowledge of Beachfront safety and emergency action plans
- Ability to maintain a safe environment at a outdoor work site
- Skilled in lifesaving techniques and emergency response
- Excellent customer service skills
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy physical work lifting a maximum of 100 pounds with assistance; frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds with or without assistance; regular walking and standing; regular climbing; bending; kneeling and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform appropriate rescue skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech abilities for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works outdoors in varying weather conditions with exposure to sun, dust,
and noise; swimming in cold water and other conditions found at an outdoor swim beach.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to an aquatic facility.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.