Seasonal Dance Instructor
- Summary of Job Duties
- The City of Aurora is constantly searching for experienced Dance Instructors for the Aurora Dance Arts Program. We are looking for responsible instructors to teach ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, contemporary, poms and hip hop at all levels.At the City of Aurora we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The city of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The ideal instructor will be able to:
- Communicate in a timely manner via email or phone
- Provide a positive atmosphere
- Maintain good classroom control
- Take attendance
- Hand out written materials and keep class informed of current information and schedules
- Be responsible for on-site communication with recreation center staff and relaying information back to the supervisor
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Please note the following:
- A dance background is preferred; with training at various levels and styles of dance from beginning to advanced
- This is a Part-Time Seasonal position
- Must be able to provide own transportation to teaching sites
- Must be at least 21 years old
- BFA in Dance preferred
- Salary will be based on qualifications and experiences
- Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy physical work depending upon assignment; may require ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds with our without assistance; may require lifting and carrying objects, regular standing, and walking; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and climbing; may require eye/hand/body/foot coordination for technical dance demonstration with students; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Standard office, business and professional equipment and tools, including computers and musical equipment such as stereos and boom boxes.