Seasonal Maintenance Worker - Parks O & M
- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $15.45Estimated average hours per week: 20-40 various shiftsThis position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.These positions do not provide medical benefitsSeasonal shift: 40 hours per week Tuesday-Saturday 6:30-3:00Variable Hour Shift: 20-29 hours per week depending on the shedule.Seasonal Work Starts on April 5, 2021, and extends till September 24, 2021This is a temporary position and you must be able to work weekends, overtime, split shifts, and holidays as required.
It's an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and building our team of talented and valued employees. Here at the City of Aurora, we have a set of core beliefs that we use as a touchstone to help guide our decisions and growth, both as individuals and as an organization. We believe in Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service and we call these the Core 4. If you also share our values we welcome you to apply.
Parks, Recreation, and Open Space are seeking motivated, positive people with a passion to learn and excel, people who want to give back and make a difference, people who want to be at the heart of this City and have a hand in creating its future.
The position of Contingent Maintenance Worker supports the Parks, Recreation, and Open Space's vision of connecting with the community and being acknowledged as an essential service defining the quality of life in Aurora. When you join our team you will be able to employ your unique skills and passion to undertake important and meaningful work within the urban park's environment that is critical to the success of our department and to the City of Aurora as a whole.We will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first served basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of candidates, this position may close quickly and without notice.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the CORE 4 Values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service. We welcome all who share these values to apply.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor to assist with routine grounds/turf maintenance
- Irrigation repair
- General parks clean up
- Assists with tasks specific to assigned crew
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED; previous manual labor experience is preferred.
Minimum Age: 18 years of age due to City's vehicle insurance requirements.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; understand oral and written instructions; operate or receive training on various types of maintenance and construction equipment. Ability to maintain a safe environment at work site. Must be available to work weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.
Skills: Must be able to provide outstanding customer service and appropriately represent the City of Aurora to all customers.
Licenses, Certificates, or Equipment Required: A current Driver's License with a good driving history is preferred.
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Heavy physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 100 pounds with assistance; frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds with or without assistance; considerable walking and standing; frequently performs activities requiring a full range of body movement including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and climbing; hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for operation of equipment and vehicles; vision for reading gauges and written instructions; hearing/listening for receiving instructions and warning signals.
Work Environment: Works primarily outdoors in all weather conditions with exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and fumes. Must be able to work overtime, split shifts, weekends, and holidays as required.
Equipment Used: Operates tools, equipment and vehicles common to the assigned function._____________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.