Senior Business Solutions Architect - Aurora Water
- Summary of Job Duties
Hiring range for this position is $73,120 - $91,998/annually
Full salary range for this position is $73,120 - $106,092/annually
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
A TECH CULTURE DRIVEN BY PURPOSE
In the City of Aurora's IT department, we view business as an ecosystem rather than a competitive landscape. Our team exists with the sole purpose of serving our community and its constituents.
Our empathic culture helps us be mindful of the impact our day-to-day relationships can make on our ability to achieve our goals within the technology ecosystem we build and support.
Embracing different perspectives--in and out of the office--allows us to elevate the quality of our work and our culture as well as optimize the ways in which we deliver products and services.
The work we do is valued, important and rewarding; we strive to provide a work environment that listens to, understands and trusts its employees.
Our IT Department encourages employees to be:
- Transitional: Constantly adapting to new technologies and the changing needs of our city
- Dedicated: Committed to making the best decisions for our city, its citizens and the community
- Optimizing: By making the most of every resource we have available
- Empathic: In our ability to understand and have compassion for the feelings and needs of our citizens, customers and coworkers
MEET THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, enterprising, humanistic, communicative and a lifelong learner.
- Enjoy a variety of work roles and responsibilities
- Pivot quickly between consistent/ongoing priorities and new/challenging activities
- Believe that technology problems can have more than one solution
- Show initiative and drive projects to completion
- Be resourceful and find or invent a solution
- Be organized, highly focused and productive with use of time and resources
- Inspired by making a meaningful difference in the lives of others
- Compassionate for and patient with coworkers and the community that COA serves
- Humble when working with others
- Shared knowledge with others while being open to learning from colleagues
- Relied on knowledge and expertise to a degree, but have also been inventive and imaginative when solving problems
- Proactively sought professional improvement opportunities
- Respect others' time, ideas, and contributions
- Act as a diplomatic, reliable source of information to internal and external constituents
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with others to solve problems
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- Provide Aurora Water with a broad array of expert IT support from Desktop to Enterprise applications.
- Having an understanding and appreciation for the business of a water utility.
- Maintain great relationships within Aurora Water, Aurora IT, and the rest of the City.
- Provide efficient solutions to technical challenges.
- Always having a positive attitude and can-do spirit.
- Adherence to professional IT practices and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely response to service desk tickets of a wide variety.
- Administration and support of enterprise apps both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Participation in scheduled meetings, groups, and discussions.
- Troubleshooting outages.
- Working with vendors.
- Managing and executing IT projects including upgrades, new implementations, documentation, and training.
- Process improvements - especially automating tasks.
- Continual learning
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 5 years of experience working in a mid or large-sized professional IT environment supporting and maintaining enterprise applications and providing excellent technical solutions to end-users.
- Experience in utilities, billing, finance, government, software development, IT architecture, or project management is preferred.
- Knowledge and appreciation of professional IT best practices and standards
- Working knowledge of networking, IT infrastructure, databases, information security, servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, GIS, and "the cloud".
- Deep application support skills including maintenance, upgrades, analyzing logs, troubleshooting, vendor management, app administration, and performance tuning.
- Enterprise Apps in use: INFOR IPS, Accela, Sprypoint, ArcGIS, MS SQL, Sharepoint, OneSolution, WorkDay, Beacon AMI, CivicLive CMS, Innovyze, Naviline, Workspace One, Apple Business Manager, and others
- APIs - such as REST and SOAP.
- SQL and data technologies such as queries, data exchanges, transforms, reporting, analytics, data dashboarding, and performance tuning.
- Web application architectures such as n-tier designs, asynchronous communication, SSL, URLs, redirects, and domain (DNS) handling.
- Technology selection processes such as Request for Proposals, Evaluation criteria, value propositions, and vendor demonstrations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Systems Integration such as wired device connectivity, wireless technologies, IoT devices, and sensors.
Licenses Or Certificates Required:
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds, including lifting 10 pounds overhead
- Occasional carrying, walking, and standing.
- Vision to analyze data and read and interpret reports, documents, and other written information.
- Hand/eye coordination for operation of a computer keyboard.
- Speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
- Capable of driving between city-supported buildings and to meetings in the Denver metro area as needed.
- Normally works in a clean, comfortable environment.
- System support issues may require working outside the office environment and in or around emergency response vehicles.
- Requires rotational on-call support status after normal business work hours
- Teleworking available based on business needs
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment including computers, laptop computers, and mobile computing devices.
- This position may require the incumbent to use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.