Senior Marketing Strategist
- Summary of Job Duties
Salary to be commensurate with experience.
The hiring range for this position is $67,246 - $82,500 Annually
The salary range for this position is $67,246 - $97,531 / Annually
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter.
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora! We are looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to strengthen our team of talented and valued employees. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION / DEPARTMENT
The Communications Department delivers strategic and creative communications that inform and engage the Aurora community and tell Aurora's story beyond its borders.
***This posting is scheduled to close on May 25th, 2021 at 5:00 pm, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Marketing and Creative Supervisor performs professional marketing and brand management duties for the city of Aurora.
- Plans, develops, writes, and distributes promotional, marketing and branding materials to enhance the image of the city of Aurora.
- Provides brand strategy and planning in coordination with the Marketing and Creative Supervisor.
- Serves as professional liaison and establishes communications with marketing, digital marketing, advertising agencies, and city departments and employees.
- Provides citywide guidance on proper use throughout all advertising, promotions, internal publications, marketing, social media presence and any other environment in which the brand appears.
- Assists with managing brand adherence, assets and access to those assets.
- Works with Public and Media Relations teams on messaging, website content, social media, online engagement and other efforts of mutual concern.
- Creates and implements targeted advertising and promotional campaigns and conducts media buys.
- Develops and monitors digital marketing campaign strategies, performance and provides analytics reporting.
- Works with supervisor to provide input and oversight of marketing budget.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements special events, outreach and other promotional activities related to marketing and branding program and other programs of the city.
- Performs ongoing analysis and identification of trends.
- Develops strategies to monitor and measure marketing and branding effectiveness and outcomes.
- Produces reports, reviews and recommends policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- 4 years of experience related to the area of assignment.
- Knowledge in marketing and brand management
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of promotion, marketing, and branding
- Personal computers, related hardware, and related software application packages
- Knowledge of graphic design, printing process
- Knowledge of marketing analytics and measurement
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens, sponsors, media
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Plan, organize and implement special events
- Handle sensitive or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must be a collaborator and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork. Positive and compelling
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated capabilities in public relations, marketing, brand management, communications, and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong skills in using a computer and related software to successfully complete job's function
Licenses and Certifications:
- Colorado Driver's License with a good driving record
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Light/moderate physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
- Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Speech communication to give instructions and provide technical direction
- Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment; occasionally works nights and weekend
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.