Senior Procurement Agent
- Summary of Job Duties
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administers and coordinates procurement and contract administration functions to secure and maintain the, construction and services required for all City departments.
At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect and we welcome all who share those values to apply.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops formal bid documents for capital construction projects and formal Request for Proposals for professional services
- Assists departments in preparation of a broad range of specifications
- Evaluates procurement awards as a centralized function;
- Conducts training classes
- Formulates and implements procurement procedures for award and contract administration and negotiation of construction and professional services
- Coordinates with project managers, consultants and engineers to provide efficient and effective procurement awards
- Drafts legal documents and administrative guidelines covering contractual services
- Arranges and conducts pre-proposal and pre-bid conferences
- Administers claims against contractors;
- Responds to appeals concerning contract awards
- Conducts cost and price analysis
- Participates in negotiations and recommends appropriate course of action
- Trains co-workers and staff;
- Performs lead work duties including coordinating, assigning, and reviewing work assignment and activities
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years progressively responsible in purchasing management and contract administration including experience in a governmental entity with engineering or construction activities.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, purchasing management or directly related field.
- Knowledge of municipal government operations and institutional accounting practices
- Contractual agreements, legal requirements, purchasing policies and procedures
- Practices and techniques of contract administration
- Principles and standards of government purchasing practice
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and outside contractors and vendors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and people skills
- Customer relations, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, as well as government financial systems
- Professional certification within the Purchasing and Contracts profession such as CPPO, CACM, CPCM or CPPB desired.
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens; vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard.
- Works primarily in clean, comfortable environment.
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment, including computers and related software.
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.