SharePoint - Microsoft 365 Developer
- Summary of Job Duties
Hiring range for this position is $73,120 - $91,998/annually
Full salary range for this position is $73,120 - $106,092/annually
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
A TECH CULTURE DRIVEN BY PURPOSE
In the City of Aurora's IT department, we view business as an ecosystem rather than a competitive landscape. Our team exists with the sole purpose of serving our community and its constituents.
Our empathic culture helps us be mindful of the impact our day-to-day relationships can make on our ability to achieve our goals within the technology ecosystem we build and support.
Embracing different perspectives--in and out of the office--allows us to elevate the quality of our work and our culture as well as optimize the ways in which we deliver products and services.
The work we do is valued, important and rewarding; we strive to provide a work environment that listens to, understands and trusts its employees.
Our IT Department encourages employees to be:
- Transitional: Constantly adapting to new technologies and the changing needs of our city
- Dedicated: Committed to making the best decisions for our city, its citizens and the community
- Optimizing: By making the most of every resource we have available
- Empathic: In our ability to understand and have compassion for the feelings and needs of our citizens, customers and coworkers
MEET THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, enterprising, humanistic, communicative and a lifelong learner.
- Enjoy a variety of work roles and responsibilities
- Pivot quickly between consistent/ongoing priorities and new/challenging activities
- Believe that technology problems can have more than one solution
- Show initiative and drive projects to completion
- Be resourceful and find or invent a solution
- Be organized, highly focused and productive with use of time and resources
- Inspired by making a meaningful difference in the lives of others
- Compassionate for and patient with coworkers and the community that COA serves
- Humble when working with others
- Shared knowledge with others while being open to learning from colleagues
- Relied on knowledge and expertise to a degree, but have also been inventive and imaginative when solving problems
- Proactively sought professional improvement opportunities
- Respect others' time, ideas and contributions
- Act as a diplomatic, reliable source of information to internal and external constituents
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with others to solve problems
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- Support and develop Microsoft 365 platform products
- Monitor M365 information security, governance and productivity tools
- Support a large remote workforce with SharePoint and MS Teams site/hub navigation, customized workflow, site collection features, search schema customization, data displays, PowerApps, Power Automate, Planner, MS Groups, Jabber and Web-ex integrations
- Act as a technical liaison between users, vendors and department staff
- Serve as part of a project team or project manager
- Develop and implement testing and documentation processes
- Design program applications
- Conduct training
- Resolve issues with vendors
- May serve as lead workers making work assignments and monitoring completion of work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 5 years Enterprise software support
- Office 365 Administration
- Provisioning SharePoint & Team sites
- AvePoint Governance - Desired
- Life Cycle Management
- Content Migrations
- SharePoint skills and understanding - 4+ years
- Lists & Views
- Document Libraries
- Hub Sites
- Information Management
- Managed Metadata and Content Types
- Teams - 2 years
- Teams Provisioning
- SharePoint integrations
- Guest Access
- Private Channels
- PowerApps - 2 years
- Power Automate (Flow)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, and other City departments
- Project Management
- Automated workflow
- Excellent work prioritization
- Able to navigate IT Support Desk ticket system
- Ability to handle situations with tack and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and fulfill goals and objectives
- Ability to proactively research, analyze, present recommendations
- Multitask between service request tickets and projects.
- Gather requirements and design solutions using the Office 365 platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Train groups on the Office 365 platform based on the users’ needs
- Prioritize projects/tasks based on leadership input and urgency
Licenses Or Certificates Required:
- Valid Driver's License with a great driving record
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Light physical work lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
Essential duties performed primarily in the office
Teleworking available based on business needs
- When a local announcement of emergency or disaster is declared by the City, all City of Aurora employees may be required to work as essential personnel.
- Laptop, docking station and monitors
- This position may require the incumbent to use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.